9.05.2006

Crank

I went to see Crank yesterday. It was better than I thought it would be. It sounded like it should rock, and luckily, it did.

It had some kick-ass editing, and lots of little bonuses. If you liked Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, you'll like Crank. Same actor in all 3, too, I just realized. Crank isn't the same as those two movies by any means, but stylistically they have a lot of similarities. Also there are a few unbelievable (literally, I mean) bits, but they are added for the sake of humor and it totally works (in this instance, because not every movie can pull that off).

Amy Smart plays her role (stupid girlfriend) really well. She's always good in her roles I think. And of course Jason Statham just rocks. The movie is really fast-paced, of course. It's not for those who don't like blood or like, dismembered digits and limbs. I laughed a lot more than I expected to, which is awesome. There is some nudity and stuff like that, as well as some "adult language." The previews were almost all for horror movies coming out this fall, which made me feel like maybe this movie was going to be different than what I expected, but it wasn't. It was exactly what I expected, just... better and with more laughs and "oh my god"s coming out of my mouth. The ending made everyone in the room kind of mumble, both asking the obvious question and stating the obvious answer.

2 Comments:

At Fri Sep 08, 12:40:00 AM CDT, Blogger Kevin said...

I've seen little miss sunshine twice. Does that count as seeing a good movie?

And for better or worse, I think this is the first time in awhile that you've written a perfectly normal post ... like one you would probably see somewhere else on one of those normal people blogs.

I'll have to go see this movie though, unless I run out of money first. Or gas ... probably both.

 
At Fri Sep 08, 02:32:00 AM CDT, Blogger Murph said...

I can't believe that they show him taking it to Amy Smart doggy-style on the commercial that even plays in the middle of the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home