4.04.2005

It's Only Monday?!?

Oh lord. I can't believe it's not at least Wednesday. School is whooping my ass right now. Seriously.
Not to mention that a supervisor I'm doing some freelancing for is totally uncooperative. Here is an example:

What about this needs changed? Do you want this paragraph on the left or on the back of the document? Also - I need to know about the color palatte. Thanks, -Kara

She answered with:

Wow, this is wonderful! -Heidi

And then there was this:

Heidi - How is your week going? I wanted to ask you about meeting to talk about a few format options. I've got some time on Tuesday if that's a good day for you. Just let me know! Thanks, Kara

She answered with:

I think you did a fabulous job on the shading under the left header. Thanks so much! -Heidi

I mean, what the hell? How do I meet deadlines when I can't even communicate with her? And I've tried the phone thing, and it's somehow even more difficult. Makes me want to bash my head against a wall.

It's getting warm outside! Today we were 80 degrees! It's unreal. Yesterday I played tennis until I was sunburned. It's the perfect temp out there right now, about 70. I hate it when it gets really hot. I used to live in middle Tennessee, and I remember playing in the yard and the grass actually crunching because it was so hot and dry. Here it's worse because it's so much more humid. It's like you can wring the air out and get a bucket of water.

I'm thinking about going on a diet.

4 Comments:

At Tue Apr 05, 12:42:00 PM CDT, Blogger Murph said...

We both know that the only real solution is to kill Heidi. There's just no other way out of the situation and it's time that you face your problems head on. Contract killing can be somewhat impersonal, but it is generally easier on the conscience.

But seriously, even though she does seem completely useless, she doesn't seem to explicitly dislike you. So, I say that you tell her, in the nicest way that you can think of, that she is a moron and that your questions require specific and direct responses that she is obviously not supplying. I would try to do it in person so that in the case that I became angered by the situation, I could express my feelings of rage through physical abuse. But if you want to go the nice way, the nicest thing that I can think of is some type of e-mailed threat, but maybe in a soft-colored text like pink or baby blue. Also, you might want to include some hearts or cartoon animals. People like cartoon animals.

 
At Tue Apr 05, 03:56:00 PM CDT, Blogger Rachel Norfleet said...

oooh, I've always wanted to learn how to play tennis...
and yes, it is quite warm in middle TN today, but I am still wearing my coat, for some reason.

 
At Thu Apr 07, 11:20:00 PM CDT, Blogger Kara said...

And you know, the odd thing is that she is SO the type that would respond to cartoon animals. But the physical abuse is lookin' mighty tempting right about now.

 
At Thu Apr 07, 11:21:00 PM CDT, Blogger Kara said...

OOh just got an idea! How about physical abuse while wearing a soft-pink shirt with cartoon animals on it! She'll never know what hit her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home