4.09.2005

This Effing SUCKS

I just found out from another blog that my favorite comedian died last Wednesday (Mar. 30). I had to go read a bunch of news reports before I could fathom it being true.

Mitch Hedberg was the most bad-ass, funniest, most laid-back person, and he was one of the only comedians that ever made me laugh until I was in real physical pain. I was a hardcore fan from the very first sentence I heard him speak. His brand of comedy is the most pure and... and who knew that baking a potato could be so fucking hilarious.

I just saw him, too. That's making this so much more of a shock for me... I'm glad I kept the ticketmaster ticket stubs.

This seriously sucks, people.

Really. Really. Sucks.

Him and Kurt, man. Deaths to mourn.

SON of a BITCH.

4 Comments:

At Sat Apr 09, 10:26:00 PM CDT, Blogger Rachel Norfleet said...

yeah, I was really shocked when I heard about it...he just seemed like someone you'd think would be around forever

I never got to see him live, but i thought he was hilarious. There's been a lot of death going around lately, hasn't there?

 
At Mon Apr 11, 09:52:00 AM CDT, Blogger Kara said...

There has been. It's sad.

Reality is a harsh mistress. People actually die.

I heard once that births and deaths come in threes. I think that it's supposed to be a personal thing - that it happens to three people a person knows at right around the same time.

Don't know how much truth there is to it, though.

 
At Mon Apr 11, 06:40:00 PM CDT, Blogger Murph said...

I didn't know he died. That sucks. I never saw him live either, but his comedy central presents is hilarious.

Guess how many jelly beans are in the jar? How about you guess how many I want? If you said a handful, you are correct.

 
At Wed Apr 13, 12:29:00 AM CDT, Blogger s.k.namanny said...

I too felt the sting of recent deaths, but is it right to be suprised by something that has happened and will happen to every living thing?
I will miss Mitch terribly--who could help agree with you that he figures among the freakishly great?--But his heroine addiction only hastened the inevitable.
James Dean said: live fast, die young, leave a beautiful corpse. Harsh as it is, and though it may deprive us of the genius some have to offer late in life, an early death saves us all from witnessing a sad, slow decline. I would rather see vintage footage in a memorial than a hobbled geezer accepting a lifetime achievement award. In many respects, old age is worse than death.
Either way, "ask not for whom the bell tolls . . ."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home