1.07.2005

Anyway, like I was saying

Anyway, I just don't know what I'm doing. I don't regret for a second all the time I've invested in my degree. I learned more in the years I've been in college than I learned in the rest of my years, not to mention all I learned about myself. So I don't feel like it would be a waste. But I wonder if the fam damily will. I guess I shouldn't care, and sometimes I don't.

But what now? What direction do I go in? Do I just go with whatever brings more income? I'm passionate about too many things to decide what I want more. But it isn't necessarily realistic to assume I can just crack open a gallery and then dwell in a studio the rest of my life. It just sounds like heaven.

My big fear is that the world won't take to my art and I'll never support myself with it. I've sold prints, and people seem receptive. But when I get out there with both feet... Uhg.

Okay I'm done whining.

School is starting. Yay. I'm thrilled. Hold me down, for my excitement may jump forth and throw me into a mosh of utter bliss.

Redid the blog. Not sure if I like it. I think I need to change the color of the polls. I thought it would look better if they matched, but now it seems rather sterile.

My neighbors are watching The Lion King (or some seriously freaky Vivid Video) loud enough that you can probably hear it. Shhh. Hear it? Yeah, see what I mean?.

I think I'm going to start putting up links to pieces of art I like. Perhaps explaining how I interpret it or talking about it's formal properties. Would that be like, lame? Or maybe I'll just link to it and ask what y'all think of it, (did you like that? Heh, I said 'y'all'.) or how you interpret it or whatnot. Eh. It'll probably last one or two goes and then fizzle.

For shizzle.

Eeew. spitbthbthspit. Yhuckth. Nope, I tried it on, but it didn't fit.

Anywho, here's an artist I like. He was a precisionist, if you're familiar with the movement. And even if you aren't. My opinion is baffling to me because normally, I would think a precisionist is less expressive (therefore, to me, somewhat less valid artistically). But something about the way he paints is still expressive. Especially with some of his pieces, like
this one, called Windows. It's less... precisionist than most of his work. A little less nifty, but I can't find the one I wanted to link to. Here's another one of his called Wheels. It looks like a photo, but it's an oil painting.

His stuff looks nothing like what I normally like, OR what I do myself. But for some reason I'm drawn to it. Not that I would own precisionist work, I just like looking at it.

Next entry I'll link to stuff more... me.

1 Comments:

At Tue Jan 11, 02:29:00 PM CST, Blogger Murph said...

I don't know shit about shit, but the wheels painting is incredible. Oh, and thanks for making me feel like less of a man with your sexual experiences poll. That's always uplifting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home