7.06.2005

there's a pube in the floss

Okay this is another post about movies. Because I've watched a few very strange movies lately, some of which require a moment of silence following the credits to wonder the meaning of it all.

Heavenly Creatures was very cool in an imaginative, colorful sense, but then they like... kill someone. Okay, why can't they just be bonded and get it on without letting things get out of hand? And it was true, all true. Donnie Darko was nifty and creative, too, and either genius or great at faking it. But I think it'll take another watching to truly grasp it.

Is Jake Gyllenhaal hot (or handsome, whatever) or creepy? Because he seems to go from one to the other at an alarming pace, David Bowie style. And he looks exactly like his sister, and unfortunatly it doesn't look as good on her. But they're okay.

The worst movie ever has to be The Man Who Fell To Earth, which made me want to take a rusty, dull spoon and slowly carve my eyes out. Even considering the fact that David Bowie is clearly God's gift to all intelligent life.

What, would you say, is the weirdest movie you've ever seen that was still good? I'm trying to figure out what I'd vote, and I think I'm swinging toward Being John Malkovich.

4 Comments:

At Thu Jul 07, 05:12:00 PM CDT, Blogger Murph said...

Damn it, I was going to say the Big Lebowski. Now I have to think. No, I don't feel like doing that.

 
At Thu Jul 07, 05:16:00 PM CDT, Blogger Murph said...

I can give you a few movies that were weird and sucked. How about 21 grams, Vanilla Sky, The Bicycle Thief, American Psycho, The Life Aquatic.

And I've changed my posting name from Murph to the clever, yet simple, alias "Hank" in order to conceal my identity from the people here at work.

 
At Fri Jul 08, 04:10:00 PM CDT, Blogger Kara said...

Okay but what is the deal with the trampouline? I mean, what is that? Oh, and I liked Vanilla Sky, thankyouverymuch.

If you think American Psycho was freakish, you should try the book on for size. That shit screwed with my head. Worse stuff than you can imagine, I'm sure.
Even you, Hank.

 
At Sun Jul 10, 04:37:00 PM CDT, Blogger Rachel Norfleet said...

I never read the whole thing, but the short excerpts that I did actually read were enough to make me feel like I had actually killed someone myself. oh...wait...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home