9.20.2005

I'm a shadow boxer, baby.

Fiona Apple's new album (you know, the one that's been held up for what seems like decades), is finally available for pre-order on iTunes! It's called "Extraordinary Machine." I hope it's as good as Tidal was.

I just got Tiger! (It's a version of OS X) It has dashboard widgets! And Exposé! It's fabulous. I'm so in love with my Mac , and have been since WAAAAY before this iPod craze (I'll note that I had one before they were popular, and when they still cost 500 bucks for a 15 gig). I've been a hardcore Mac addict for most of my intelligent years. And they just keep getting better and better.

Eye Candy for today... it's a thing of beauty:
Anywho, I totally skipped school today. I just plum didn't go. I was planning on it, and got all dressed and shyte, but just shrugged it off when it was time to get in the car. Instead, I went to the fridge, grabbed a Pepsi, and sat down in a recliner. Can you believe this shit? Sometimes I don't even understand myself. I'll do stuff like that, totally unplanned, out of the blue, and for no particular reason. Last semester, I was on the road to school, and unexpectdly took a right instead of a left, and instead of going to class, went to the salon and had my nails done! WTF? Am I the only one that does these things?

I've been thinking. When do you switch from "early twenties" to "mid twenties," and later "late twenties?" I'm thinking early twenties is 20-23, and mid is 24-26, and late is 27-29. Which means I am in my mid twenties. Wow. Still chewing on that one. It hit me on my b-day that I'm dangerously close to thirty, which is a hop and a skip from forty, which is very near 50. So yeah, I'm putting a deposit down on my dentures next week.

4 Comments:

At Wed Sep 21, 03:23:00 PM CDT, Blogger Donnell said...

I remember when I turned 25. I couldn't get over that it was a quarter of century. It just floored me. 30, I breezed through. Same with 40. My friends made a bigger deal of it than I did. Just another b-day for me.
Now in a few short (and they get shorter) years. I'll be 50. Half a century. Now that will bother me.

 
At Wed Sep 21, 07:46:00 PM CDT, Blogger Rachel Norfleet said...

i think it's so awesome that you skipped class to get your nails done...

 
At Fri Sep 30, 04:03:00 PM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did that through most of my college years. I'm amazed I even finished and got my degree.

Love the MAC. It looks divine!

 
At Mon Oct 17, 12:42:00 AM CDT, Blogger technic said...

first of all, 24 is still early 20s. i can't stress that enough. everyone 24 and under is young. everyone else, well, they fall into different categories.
me, i turned 21 this month. it sucked (by that i mean i didn't have much fun. blame rgb), but last year when i turned 20 i was actually sad. i was like, i'm not a teenager anymore. i felt so old. i realized that my childhood was officially over. it's a little fuzzy, but i think i did have sex before i turned 20, but it was close. it was nice to have sex on my birthday. this year, my girlfriend is like a thousand miles a way, and i'm a lonely loser.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home