9.05.2005

Son of a

I can't believe this hurricane shit. I wish I had more money... I gave some to Red Cross, and I'll give more next week and most likely the weeks after, but I still feel helpless. I can't imagine...

A local DJ was saying how we see these tragedies hit other countries and think, "wow, they just really weren't prepared. They should have planned ahead like we do in the US.

And here we are. I feel like it's some kind of nightmare. These people have no belongings, no jobs, no cars, no clothes, no hairbrushes, tampons, toothbrushes... and I mean, I know other nations have entire populations like this, but for that many Americans to be so without them, it's just very strange and horrifying. I don't mean that it's worse for us because we aren't used to it, I just mean it's startling. Alarming. Eye-opening.

I have family south of Nashvegas, and it hit them some (though not remotely liken further south). Their whole community has been the constant sound of chainsaws because there are so many downed trees. And look how far north that is in comparison to where the storm originated.

Nature is scary. And we are small.

1 Comments:

At Mon Sep 05, 10:29:00 PM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home