12.06.2005

they're real, and they're spectacular

Okay so this morning I go to this girl's dorm room to work on a project. No, I'm not saying it in quotes, like "working on a project," because we really were. Anywho, it was a really nice building, so I was kind of expecting this really clean room with the shoes all lined up in a row and shit. So boy was I surprised when we walked in the door and there were little walking paths everywhere, and tons of shit stacked on tons of shit.

I used to be a dorm girl. I know you have a lot of stuff and a little bit of space, so I just went with it. I put my stuff down and got out the stuff. We sat in her kitchen area at this weird table thing that came down from the wall and locked in place. It was weird, but kinda cool. Anyway, we got started, and about an hour in we decided we needed a calculator, and she said she had to use the bathroom, and would I go grab it off the desk in her bedroom. I walked in and saw that her desk sits perpendicular to her bed, in and L shape. I looked around the room a little bit. It was actually pretty cool. She had posters on the wall of good (and bad) bands, and hot (and fugly) guys, the normal stuff. She had a "hello kitty" pillow on her bed. And that's when I saw it. Now I'm not absolutely sure if I'm right in my assumption. It was purplish silver. It was a hard plastic. You see where I'm going with this? It was sticking out from under her sheet.

I kinda freaked out and frantically moved stuff around on her desk to find the calculator, and fuLEW out of that room. I know my face was a little red. Not because of what I saw, but because I felt so much like I'd just violated her privacy. It was obvious that it was supposed to be covered. And then I had to work on the project like I hadn't just seen something that had seen something that had been in lahdeedee land. This is an experience I could really do without. It's different when I know her, and have some sort of familiarity with her sexual side. But I don't know this girl from LaTisha. Frankly, I don't really like her, either.

And after I left, I couldn't help but think I should have covered it the rest of the way, because think about it. She's going to go back in later, see that, and wonder if I saw it. If I had covered it up, then she wouldn't worry about it. I'm supposed to meet with her again Friday morning. I think I'll have a calculator in my bag.

Man. There is nothing more awkward than stumbling across someone else's private stuff. Well, I guess she could have seen me seeing it. That would have been a lot worse. eew.

7 Comments:

At Wed Dec 07, 12:37:00 AM CST, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. Awkward........

 
At Wed Dec 07, 11:01:00 AM CST, Blogger Rachel Norfleet said...

yeah...totally awkward, but sex toys are becoming more acceptable these days so maybe she won't be embarassed all that much if she finds out you saw...

by the way, love the pictures slices of your face...very coy and ooh la la...

 
At Wed Dec 07, 11:01:00 AM CST, Blogger Rachel Norfleet said...

yeah...totally awkward, but sex toys are becoming more acceptable these days so maybe she won't be embarassed all that much if she finds out you saw...

by the way, love the pictures slices of your face...very coy and ooh la la...

 
At Wed Dec 07, 11:39:00 AM CST, Blogger J. said...

It could have been worse, you could have walked in on her using it.

Oh wait, that would have been better.

 
At Wed Dec 07, 11:13:00 PM CST, Blogger Kara said...

h8, I totally knew you were going to say that. ;-) That though is SUCH hetero male thought process. When girl wants to get with another girl, we don't suggest it with things men have. Not usually, anyway. But if it makes you happier, and I know it does, we can ignore that teensy fact. But seriously, she didn't leave it out. It was obvious that she didn't mean for it to be visible. Plus she's... not that cool. Eh. Can't talk about it anymore.

Rach - Why thank you! I'm a little weirded out because it looks so much like me that I feel like you guys all know who I am now. I feel rather exposed.

j - Yeah I could see where that would have some advantages. If she were someone else, I may have made the best of it. Or maybe just thought about it.

 
At Thu Dec 08, 10:16:00 AM CST, Blogger Kara said...

Hey Trevs. Missed you around these parts. Heh, these parts. Heh.

Yeah, I don't know why I was so freaked out about it. I should have just picked it up and used it. To do math.

 
At Sat Dec 10, 11:42:00 AM CST, Blogger Joshua Magee said...

Once I walked into my old roommate's room to grab a calculator and found that underneath his sheet he had surveillance pictures of me sleeping, a knife and the head of my ex-girlfriend. All the suddent this crazy Hitchcock-like music started playing and as I spun around he was at the doorway with this crazed look on his face.

Boy, those were some crazy times back in college. Ahh, I miss it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home